Support and Resources for SME Server are via the Community and it is highly recommended that you make yourself familiar with it and the Documentation (read this at least twice) before diving in. You should also read the Advice for new and existing users.
The main methods of support available are:
- Contribs.org is a Wiki Wiki web site (which is Hawaiian for "quick quick") web site. That means it's an engine that makes it easier to enter the contents you want on a page, and easier to create new pages — even if you don't know what to put on them yet.
- The admins chose a Wiki because they (Wiki's, not the Admins :-) ) are really handy for collaborative documentation; it's easier for random people to contribute useful information, and random editors to edit it.
- Use the Forums if you want advice on how to do something not covered in the Wiki
- Post to the Forums if you found or did something, and you think other people might find it interesting or helpful to share
- If you don't know how to do something, or don't understand the Wiki, ask in the Forums
- If you report a problem in the forums, and it relates to how standard SME Server, a Contributed Add-on or Howto should work, you will more than likely be directed to raise it as a Bug to be given structured advice and help you resolve it
- The Wiki documentation is the primary source of information for SME Server. This should always be your first port of call when seeking help and support for SME Server
- 'Google' is your friend (as well as all other internet search engines)
- This Section lists Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for SME server. Problems many people run into installing SME server for the first time or upgrading to later versions are found here.
- If your question isn't listed here, it's possible it's a Rarely Asked Question (RAQ), in which case you'll be better off searching for answers in Bugzilla.
- The Howto category is a melting pot of different ideas and methods.
- SME Server contribs are software packages that are designed to add extra functionality to SME Server.
- If you do something and it doesn't 'just work', or it doesn't work as per the Wiki, raise a Bug
- If you want to do, or are trying to do, something which is not standard SME or not in the Wiki, ask in the Forums
- For more information on Bugzilla see the Bugzilla Help page.
- The mailinglists are used for a variety of purposes that do not suit the forums, you can think of facilitating in the delivery of commit messages but also for discussion on development that does not fit in the bugtracker.